Friday, February 23, 2018

In Memoriam: James Laxer 1941 - 2018



It is with an extremely heavy heart and great sadness that I have to share with you the news of my father, James Laxer's sudden death of natural causes in Paris early today, February 23, 2018. This shocking and totally unexpected news has been devastating for our family and has not sunk in yet.

My father, Jim, was a exceptionally talented writer and a truly brilliant man. His writing and activism over the decades had a profound impact on the country from the Waffle to the present day. Someday soon, when I have had time to process what has happened I will write again of his life and accomplishments.

But he was also a loving and wonderful father, with a huge heart, great kindness and a tremendous, notoriously goofy sense of humour.

He was greatly loved and will be terribly missed.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to her about Jim's passing. I remember him very fondly, and you and your sister and your Mum too. My sincere condolences to you all. May you find solace in your happy memories. Peace, love, light and friendship.
    Cynara Desbarats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad to learn of the unexpected death of your father Michael. I only met him a few times, but, of course, knew of his enormous impact on political and other kinds of thought and action in Canada. As you know, I also know, and worked closely with, your mother. Please accept my sympathy Michael, and keep doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughts and words. They are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete